Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New portal to the Nether.

Go down 
+2
Loreguy
vaxivop
6 posters

What way should you get to The Nether?
The new way (catalysts)
New portal to the Nether. I_vote_lcap67%New portal to the Nether. I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
The old way (obsidian + flint and steel)
New portal to the Nether. I_vote_lcap33%New portal to the Nether. I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
A brand new way.
New portal to the Nether. I_vote_lcap0%New portal to the Nether. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

New portal to the Nether. Empty
PostSubject: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Hello everyone. Me and Vox talked on skype about the problem with The Nether: Right now every other dimension requires that special way of getting to it (The one where there is a portal in the end and you make a catalyst to it and stuff (you know it)). Anyway, we figured out that The Nether does not have this feature, which kinda defeats the purpose of defeating the Ender Dragon before having access to the Dimensions. So me and Vox just went ahead and said "Well, the way you get to The Nether should just be the same as all the other dimensions (again with the catalysts and stuff).

So what do you think of it? Leave an answer on the poll.
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:34 pm

I agree in all things with this post, however:
The End is very exclusive, I mean, you an only get to it from two places in the entire OW. So how do we get people to go there?
Increased Spawn rate of strongholds?
Or entirely new system too?
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 8:41 am

Loreguy wrote:
I agree in all things with this post, however:
The End is very exclusive, I mean, you an only get to it from two places in the entire OW. So how do we get people to go there?
Increased Spawn rate of strongholds?
Or entirely new system too?

Dont worry, me and Vox have it all worked out. Scroll up a bit on the skype chat and you will see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Im not a fan of the whole "Catalysts Thing" but, I personaly like the old fashoin way.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Miner wrote:
Im not a fan of the whole "Catalysts Thing" but, I personaly like the old fashoin way.
Of course. But it doesn't make sense for it to be the odd man out.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 5:32 pm

PenitusVox wrote:
Miner wrote:
I know, I know, Except when I download the last version of the mod, It'll get me confused, But! That's just me.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 6:37 pm

Miner wrote:
PenitusVox wrote:
Miner wrote:
I know, I know, Except when I download the last version of the mod, It'll get me confused, But! That's just me.
And that's why mods have wikipedia's. :3
Back to top Go down
Savannah-man
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Back in ADD we tried not to change much about the overworld. However, and pardon my ignorance of the skype thread, it seems that you want the end to be the first dimension.

Possibly you could have rare blaze spawners in the overworld providing you with a source of blaze powder. Then you find the stronghold, defeat the dragon (auto buffed due to a lack of potions) and then the Ender acts as a hub of sorts between the dimensions. You can gain all the new portal activators/materials in one way or another (or just the nether stuff if you want) and proceed from there.

Of course this would involve the removal of working netherportals and its up to you seeing as you know more about your mod than me Smile
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Savannah-man wrote:
Back in ADD we tried not to change much about the overworld. However, and pardon my ignorance of the skype thread, it seems that you want the end to be the first dimension.

Possibly you could have rare blaze spawners in the overworld providing you with a source of blaze powder. Then you find the stronghold, defeat the dragon (auto buffed due to a lack of potions) and then the Ender acts as a hub of sorts between the dimensions. You can gain all the new portal activators/materials in one way or another (or just the nether stuff if you want) and proceed from there.

Of course this would involve the removal of working netherportals and its up to you seeing as you know more about your mod than me Smile

We have that part worked out Smile
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:18 pm

vaxivop wrote:
Savannah-man wrote:

Might you explain?
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Loreguy wrote:
vaxivop wrote:
Savannah-man wrote:

Might you explain?

Yes. Me and Vox figured this out: There is a mob called an Ender Guard. His rarity is between Endermen and Skeleton-Jokey and he drops an item called Ender Key (or something like that). Now this item is placed in a special inventory slot along with all the catalysts (there will be 5 spots total). Now this Ender Key, when used you create a rift which teleports you to a stronghold (Either that or it's an infinite Eye of the Ender) and then you can start from there.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:41 am

vaxivop wrote:
Loreguy wrote:
vaxivop wrote:
Savannah-man wrote:

Might you explain?

Yes. Me and Vox figured this out: There is a mob called an Ender Guard. His rarity is between Endermen and Skeleton-Jokey and he drops an item called Ender Key (or something like that). Now this item is placed in a special inventory slot along with all the catalysts (there will be 5 spots total). Now this Ender Key, when used you create a rift which teleports you to a stronghold (Either that or it's an infinite Eye of the Ender) and then you can start from there.

Like this?

New portal to the Nether. Kvf5M
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:22 am

Miner wrote:
vaxivop wrote:
Loreguy wrote:
vaxivop wrote:
Savannah-man wrote:

Might you explain?

Like this?

New portal to the Nether. Kvf5M

More like 5 spots next to each other at some place.
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 am

We need to make a launcher, otherwise we might no be able to use ordinary servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New portal to the Nether.   New portal to the Nether. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New portal to the Nether.
Page 1 of 1