Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nether Coral

Go down 
+3
vaxivop
PenitusVox
Varrgie
7 posters

How should Nether Coral act?
Like sugarcane! No hoes allowed!
Nether Coral I_vote_lcap67%Nether Coral I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Hoes before. . . Never mind. You get the idea.
Nether Coral I_vote_lcap33%Nether Coral I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Boooo! I don't like Nether Coral!
Nether Coral I_vote_lcap0%Nether Coral I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:15 am

At the first thread, we had an idea to end food problems in the Nether. Introducing: Nether Coral! This grows next to lava on netherrack, and can be grown by surrounding netherrack with lava and using an iron, gold or diamond hoe upon the netherrack, making a netherrack farm plot. You would then plant a Nether Coral root (drops from nether coral, similar to wheat). When the plant is fully grown, it drops a piece of edible nether coral and a peice of root.

Tell me what you think! Super Happy
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 9:47 am

I like it. I was thinking that possibly in different stages, Nether Coral would still drop if hit, though it has a high chance of Hunger. If you wait until its fully grown, it would be safe.

This could help explain the pigmen.
Also, I was thinking that it would grow more like reeds than wheat. If so, we need to throw the Netherrack Plot idea out.

For a second I read it as Nether Coal and almost facepalmed.
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:13 am

I like it, but I think it should be easier to make. Instead of surrounding the netherack with lava, there should just be lava near it just like with sgarcanes and water. And it should drop 2 roots and 1 edible nether coral Smile.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:57 pm

vaxivop wrote:
I like it, but I think it should be easier to make. Instead of surrounding the netherack with lava, there should just be lava near it just like with sgarcanes and water. And it should drop 2 roots and 1 edible nether coral Smile.
That's what I meant when I said similar to reeds. 1 root the highest drop, 2 about half way and 0 a low chance.

I also learned that coral is used as jewelry. I'm not suggesting this atthe moment, just making sure you guys knew.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Parure_realizzata_per_la_regina_Farida_d%27Egitto_%281934%29.JPG

Last edited by PenitusVox on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:46 am

It kinda sounds like a mixture of wheat and sugarcane Super Happy lol!
Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Luancat
The Ancients

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 5:49 pm

Nether Coral 2afg8r4_thCoral

Nether Coral Rhau_th Farmed Netherrack

here are some textures,they aren't so good but is better with that than without texture.

You like it? Super Happy
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:34 am

If we use Launcat's textures I would like to suggest changing the name to Wormwood.
It would drop Wormwood and Worm Root. Wormwood is used as a handle for tools ( I agree we need one for each dimension ) and the root is used for food as well as seeds for the plant.
Thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Luancat
The Ancients

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:53 am

I like the idea,then we use the Wormwood to make the tools using bones in place of sticks,making a type of "Necro Tools".
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Luancat wrote:
I like the idea,then we use the Wormwood to make the tools using bones in place of sticks,making a type of "Necro Tools".
He just said the wood is yoused for handles! Super Happy
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Luancat wrote:

here are some textures,they aren't so good but is better with that than without texture.

You like it? Super Happy

Great Job Luan! You never cease to impress me! Very Happy

PenitusVox wrote:
If we use Launcat's textures I would like to suggest changing the name to Wormwood.
It would drop Wormwood and Worm Root. Wormwood is used as a handle for tools ( I agree we need one for each dimension ) and the root is used for food as well as seeds for the plant.
Thoughts on this?

Perfect Vox!
Although, may I add a detail? It's just aesthetic...
I really enjoy mushroom soup, I think soups are always good in-game or out of the game, and Minecraft has only got one type Sad .
I was thinking that maybe we can make it so you have a mushroom soup, and a wormwood root on top, and that gives "Wormwood Concoction" , this gives one food point to you. It looks like a sort of reddish-brown slurp.
If you however cook it in an oven it will give you 4.5 Food points! It looks like a reddish mushroom soup with some steam coming off of it.

Miner wrote:
Luancat wrote:

Mean Miner is Mean
Sad
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Loreguy wrote:
Luancat wrote:

You like it? Super Happy

Great Job Luan! You never cease to impress me! Very Happy
Indeed.

Loreguy wrote:

PenitusVox wrote:
Thoughts on this?

Perfect Vox!
Although, may I add a detail? It's just aesthetic...
I really enjoy mushroom soup, I think soups are always good in-game or out of the game, and Minecraft has only got one type Sad .
I was thinking that maybe we can make it so you have a mushroom soup, and a wormwood root on top, and that gives "Wormwood Concoction" , this gives one food point to you. It looks like a sort of reddish-brown slurp.
If you however cook it in an oven it will give you 4.5 Food points! It looks like a reddish mushroom soup with some steam coming off of it.
Sounds interesting. This is the only point in which I'll allow a Nether item to be used in a furnace.
How much does soup usually do?

Loreguy wrote:

Miner wrote:
Luancat wrote:

Mean Miner is Mean
Sad
Unless a nether mob drops bones, it wouldn't make much sense. Soulsand in a purifier for Soul Gems make Spirit Tools or Haunted Tools? Does more damage against Over World mobs, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Luancat
The Ancients

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:58 pm

The nether archer looks like a skeleton,a make sound of bones,then it can drop bones!
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Luancat wrote:
The nether archer looks like a skeleton,a make sound of bones,then it can drop bones!
We are planning to change that, and I think my idea is more diverse.
Anyone want to weight in on this?
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:42 am

Lots of awesome ideas Very Happy But I like the soulsand + purifier better than the bone tools. And the soup made with Wormroots is also a nice idea Smile
Back to top Go down
peonftw
Rogue
peonftw

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am

I love all the ideas here. If you are going to use the plot idea for growing the plants, I'm pretty sure it will be hard to use the default hoes for that. You will probably need to edit some base classes, or override them, and overriding those kind of classes takes alot of code. Never done it, but know from experience.

Making a new kind of hoe that could farm the netherrack would probably be easier...
Back to top Go down
Luancat
The Ancients

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 am

No,only will need to edit the diamond hoe,will be a reason of make it,cuz netherrack will be only farmed if used the diamond hoe or better like spellboud hoe.

Nether Coral AzwQm

Here's a new texture i made maybe for the item in hand,not for the block.
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 am

peonftw wrote:
I love all the ideas here. If you are going to use the plot idea for growing the plants, I'm pretty sure it will be hard to use the default hoes for that. You will probably need to edit some base classes, or override them, and overriding those kind of classes takes alot of code. Never done it, but know from experience.

Making a new kind of hoe that could farm the netherrack would probably be easier...

Tbh, it would be easier to make it work like sugarcane where you didn't have to "farm" the netherack first. But we could also just make a new hoe similar to all the other nether tools. One of the 2 options.
Back to top Go down
Luancat
The Ancients

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:36 am

I like the hoe one!It will add a reason of make a the diamond hoe.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:41 pm

vaxivop wrote:
peonftw wrote:

Tbh, it would be easier to make it work like sugarcane where you didn't have to "farm" the netherack first. But we could also just make a new hoe similar to all the other nether tools. One of the 2 options.
I'm with the sugarcane one. I'll make a poll.

Luancat wrote:
I like the hoe one!It will add a reason of make a the diamond hoe.
Its still a waste of two diamonds. If someone is trapped in the nether without two diamonds what happens then?
Back to top Go down
peonftw
Rogue
peonftw

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:23 pm

I agree. Scrap the diamond hoe at least?
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:29 pm

peonftw wrote:
I agree. Scrap the diamond hoe at least?
Yeah. It works best like sugarcane/nether wart's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nether Coral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nether Coral   Nether Coral I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nether Coral
Page 1 of 1