Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Nether

Go down 
3 posters

Should this replace the old Nether lore?
Yes
The Nether I_vote_lcap100%The Nether I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No
The Nether I_vote_lcap0%The Nether I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, if you change this. . . (State change)
The Nether I_vote_lcap0%The Nether I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

The Nether Empty
PostSubject: The Nether   The Nether I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:30 pm

With the sudden appearance of The Light One, The Dark One's first thought was to defend itself from the Light, which burned and seared him. The Light One defended itself with great force, the Dark One was thrust away, and the Void was created between them. Both of the Beings were injured, as they were mirrors of each other. They bled, the plasma creating Azyuus, or Stars.
Chaos, a powerful and very destructive matter was created in the battle. Unstable, the matter combined with Azyuus and the Void to create a third being; Athius.
Athius knew he had not the power near that of the other Beings and he cared little. However, he grew bored. When The Light One started to shape the Block, Athius grew interested. As springs of water sprouted up, Life followed. Athius hid himself from The Light One and grew closer to the little beings. Life, complex and beautiful, interested him to no end. However, it seemed incomplete. This saddened Athius, now infatuated with the work of The Light One. Gathering what Chaos was left, he created the Souls. Extremely powerful and malleable, they fit into the little beings perfectly.
However, when the life was snuffed out, the Soul was unstable and explosive. He, Athius, knew this could not be. Turning his attention to an abandoned project of The Light One’s, he linked the Souls with this place. The realm was of fire and darkness, far from the Light, perfect for the project of his.
However, he had not realized that The Light One had not completely abandoned this realm. Pigmen, creatures who has been created to survive purely off of heat, had been created. These Pigmen, soulless and incomplete, had been twisted by the power of the Souls linked here. They changed, losing some sentience, keeping only the sense of a tribe.
As souls gathered amass, Athius had concentrated them into a fine powder, to try and hide them from The Light One. A spark of Life fell upon this Soul Sand and formed the Ghast, a creature that rode the heat drafts, was made of pure Souls. However, the memories of the past creatures and their deaths filled these Ghasts with sadness and anger. A single tear of one of these creatures would empower a Pigman with the strength of ten.
Men had ventured into the realm and named it The Nether. And it was so.

By: PenitusVox

Last edited by PenitusVox on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

The Nether Empty
PostSubject: Praise   The Nether I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Bravo. This is a genuine work of genius! I most certainly enjoy this! It should without any doubt replace the last one.
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

The Nether Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nether   The Nether I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:35 am

I like it, but what do we do with my Ghast suggestion then?

https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com/t110-ghast-lore-suggestion

Do we scrap either mine or yours, or do we combine it together?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Nether Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Nether   The Nether I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Nether
Page 1 of 1