Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Book One: Genesis

Go down 
+3
Loreguy
Varrgie
PenitusVox
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Book One: Genesis Empty
PostSubject: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 pm

The bar is still.
Loreguy sits alone drinking ale, waiting for someone. He needs a partner to begin his quest.
He has someone in mind... but he seems to have forgotten.
A stranger will do.
The stranger walks slowly into the door, quickly memorizing every detail. He walks into the dark corner, far away from the fire.
Loreguy notices the stranger. He walks with a certain attitude of confidence. He might work for this.
He stands up and walks to the stranger. Each step makes the floor groan.
When he finally reaches the stranger, he holds his hand out and says: "Who may you be?"
The stranger stares at the other stranger, unsure of his intentions.
"Who is asking?"
another stranger walks up to the bar and asks for a drink.
"Don't worry... 'round these places when someone means to harm you, he does it with no warning... I'm Loreguy, but you can call me Haro."
"I'm. . . Vox. You can call me Vox. I'm unsure of you want, sir, but I have preoccupations. Good bye." Vox says as he leaves the Inn.
the stranger at the bar looks at loreguy, "why do they call you loreguy, you don't look like much of a story teller."
Loreguy turns around and smirks.
"Because I'm no good at telling history... I make it! You look like a strong lad... you wouldn't happen to like adventures would you? I have quite a few and with many coins in them for both of us..."
"I would mind some coin, after all I wont be able to pay the barkeep tonight. By the way I'm Neko." Neko stands up and comes over to officially meet loreguy.
"Ah! Neko... I remember a Neko in the Army days... We won't be needing any barkeep tonight. Lord Thregan needs some mercenaries, he has us. I'll buy you an ale though... What are you good at lad?"
Loreguy beckons Neko, holding out a pint of a brown liquid.
"what ever you need. mostly just kendo, and parkour, though I am working on my pychic abilities."
"Great kid." Takes a sip. "We'll be leaving soon.Get whatever gear you may need. I'll be heading to the Gate and meet you there in an hour."
Loreguy walks out, he puts on his hooded cloak outside and breathes the fresh air of Thylenda'al.
Vox watched Loreguy walk briskly to the Gate, from afar.
"This one is. . . Special." He says as he shrinks back into the shadows.
Loreguy reaches the gate and awaits for Nek0. He ponders over what they will do with the Rebellion in the South. The Wood Gypsies had bee peaceful until they heard of the Southern Rebellion. They had become Industrialized and the Holy Empire had been under constant stress.
He could see a shadow, but again, it was most likely a Maid looking for coin...
Vox deftly climbed over the stone wall surrounding the village and up a tree on the other side. He saw Nek0 leave the Inn, a look of excitement on his face.
Neko arrives at the gate. "so where are we going and what are we doing."
"We're headed to Oakgar Keep. Home of the house of Thregan. Lord Thregan will be hiring us to do his dirty work up in the North. To get to Oakgar we will traverse Freunnd Forest... bandits lurk like vermin. Hold your sword close... but your coin closer."
Loreguy slips through gate, he can feel the rush of a new quest...
And the quest began. With their swords by their sides, and confidence in their stride, they moved east, to Fremund Forest. They walked many miles, and the sun grew low. There was a clearing up ahead, and in the clearing there was a house. They knocked on the door, and a stranger replied, "what is it?" the group replied, "we are travelling to Oakgar Keep, and need somewhere to stay." the stranger hesitated, then said, " all right, come in. We don't hear from many people over 'ere. My names Vargorn, but my wife calls me Varrgie."
Loreguy walks in. The house smells of fresh pine and a fire crackled somewhere inside. Neko behind him peered inside, looking for food.
"Vargorn, we can pay you seven silver if you give us a room to stay. And another five silver for food. What is this place called?"
Loreguy took off his leather gloves and shoved them in his pack.
"this place used to be an inn, but I use it as a lumberjack hut. I take all of my wood to jarravah where it is used for firewood or for building. I know a lot about woodworking, and my son has learnt a thing or two. You guys seem nice enough, how about you can stay for free."
Vargorn shot a glance at the window, then shook his head.
"what is it Vargorn?" loreguy asked.
"I thought I saw someone's head looking through the window. I must be seeing things."
Night had come, and the group had gone to bed.
Vargorn sat down by the fire and rested, his hands out towards the flame. "Varrgie," Vargorn smiled. "yes?" "who are those two?" "couple of travellers from Aruridilar, they are headed for Oakgar." "Oakgar? Through the woods? They won't last."
I'll go with them. It's time I got out a bit." "Varrgie…"
"no, I'm going. I have something for thregan." "okay, but be careful, you don't know what will happen in those woods."
Vox watches the shadows dance through the window-shutters and sharpens his arrow heads. The cold wind blows the tree on his he rests back and forth, Vox matching its rhythm in perfect harmony.
He sees a woman look out the window, straight at him. Studying her body language, he realizes she doesn't see him at all.
"Like a Voice in the wind. . ." He says with a smirk
Loreguy heard a noise downstairs when he awoke. It maybe was the noise that woke him, but whatever the reason, he heard a noise.
He got up and heard three voices downstairs, and the shuffling of objects.
He got out the dagger from under his boot's heel, and lifted it above his shoulder as he walked downstairs.
The noises became louder.
As he reached downstairs he saw three men with tattered clothes.
One of them turned and saw Loreguy.
"Don't get any closer mate... we don't want blood on our hands... We be runnin' from something much stronger than you and we've survived. Quiet down and head upstairs..."
Loreguy was intrigued, but even though he was a mercenary he did not like bandits... and much less those with no courage.
He lunged forward.
the fight, woke up Neko and he went downstairs, always careful of attackers.

THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM OUR ORIGINAL RP FROM OUR WEBPAGE!
CONTINUE THE STORY!

Last edited by PenitusVox on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:02 am

Vargorn went to his wood-working bench and checked his gift for thregan. A medallion, made out of wood with a grand opal that seemed to shine in its own light. The wood around it was extremely intricate, what seemed like millions of little designs and thousands of suns and moons, all revolving around the opal. The wood was encased in myithril, to keep it light and virtually unbreakable. The amulet that can save us, he thought. He attached a myithril chain to the amulet, and placed it in his pocket.
It will be safe with thregan.
He suddenly heard banging coming from the house. He grabbed his steel sword and ran in. The banging came from downstairs, and he ran faster than he had for a decade. Bandits! He thought. The carnage was terrible. Loreguy fending off against six of them. Vargorn cut down one, and came to Loreguy's side.

Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:17 am

Loreguy heard a noise downstairs when he awoke. It maybe was the noise that woke him, but whatever the reason, he heard a noise.
He got up and heard three voices downstairs, and the shuffling of objects.
He got out the dagger from under his boot's heel, and lifted it above his shoulder as he walked downstairs.
The noises became louder.
As he reached downstairs he saw three men with tattered clothes.
One of them turned and saw Loreguy.
"Don't get any closer mate... we don't want blood on our hands... We be runnin' from something much stronger than you and we've survived. Quiet down and head upstairs..."
Loreguy was intrigued, but even though he was a mercenary he did not like bandits... and much less those with no courage.
He lunged forward.
Suddenly another three stepped into the cabin, but one was struck down by Vargorn as he stepped out of a room.
Loreguy could see Neko coming down the stairs.
Loreguy side-stepped a bandit's blade and thrust the dagger into the back of his neck. He quickly rolled over and managed to pick up the no-dead bandit's sword that had been lying beside him.
He roared as he ran towards the biggest one.

Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:18 am

Vox watched with morbid amusement as the idiotic bandits were quickly cut down, even when clearly outnumbering their victims. Yes, he was correct about these adventures. He could make his presence known soon, though this obviously was not the best time to do so.

Blood flooded through the crack under the door. . .
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:29 am

After the bloodbath, Vargorn, Loreguy and Neko were covered in dried blood. "where do you think they came from?" Vargorn asked. "don't know." loreguy replied. "they said they were running from something, something big." "we better go before it comes. I'll lead you guys to Oakgar tomorrow, now get some sleep."
The travellers went to bed, but Vargorn stayed awake. "whatever those bandits were running from, I have to lead it away from my home."
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:41 am

Loreguy woke early.
Downstairs he could hear Vargorn and Sonia talking.
Long goodbyes most likely.
Neko was sound asleep, but Loreguy had barely rested. The adrenaline was still rushing through his bloodstream.
He tooled up.
His cloth tunic first, and then his leather trousers. The metal knee and shoulder pads, along with the elbow pads. He buckled it all together with his now-old war belt, and sheathed his sword. The dagger was put into the special compartment on his boot. He adjusted his gauntlets and put on his cloak.
He woke up Neko by throwing the pack onto his bed.
"Get up son! We got some walking to do!"
He breathed in the smell of the cabin.
He knew he would most likely not smell it for months.
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:54 am

"Look Sonia, I have to go, I told you last night."
"I'll be fine, okay."
Vargorn grabbed his best sword and put on his scabbard. He wore his strongest leather armour, and wore the medallion around his neck. He put on his metal bracers and carried a shield on his back. He was ready.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:55 am

An unnatural stillness was in the air, that morning as Vox awoke at the sound of. . . Nothing. Nothing at all. Instantly his instincts alerted him to the hidden danger.
He then saw some movement in Loreguy and Neko's window. It must be waiting for them, what ever It was. Making sure all his equipment was in place, he swiftly climbed the tree and jumped onto the roof, silently landing, only a small dust cloud disturbed. He was ready for what ever was to come. But they weren't.

(Neko wanted me to control him for the time-being)

Neko, still shaking off sleepiness changed back into his armor, iron studded leather gloves and all. He had had strange dreams last night, warped nightmares. His psychic abilities must have surfaced during this night. He hoped he hadn't disturbed Loreguy. . .
"What did they do with the bodies?" Neko asked, putting on his steel toed boots.
"Oh, right. You left before they were dealt with. I kept a few trinkets, though these fine people didn't want anything to do with their belongings. Superstitious, I suppose. They're out back, under a few feet of dirt. "
"I see. Did you notice anything. . . Strange last night?"
"Like what?" Loreguy said, curiously.
"Oh. . . Nothing. Never mind. Lets get going," Said Neko, moving just a bit too quickly.
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: The Warnick   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:20 am

Loreguy walked down the stairs.
Vargorn stood eagerly by the door, smoking his earthen pipe.
Neko was shouldering the pack. As the group headed outside, they perceived the smell of pine cones and cut grass. Small drops of dew hung from the leaves and bushes of the outskirts of Freunnd forest.
Vargorn looked grim, maybe because of leaving his family, or perhaps because of the brawl yesterday. Neko looked as eager as he could be. He had not had time to demonstrate his psychic abilities last night, but he had fought alongside them to keep the bandits at bay.
Loreguy was not ashamed of killing those men, he had killed more men then he remembered... or dared to remember.
His senses were very sharp, and he could hear something running through the bush. Something heavy and fast.
Maybe a horse, or a pack of dogs?
But then something jumped from one side of the small path to the other, barely leaving the adventurers time to glimpse a feline black form.
They all tensed immediately.
Loreguy whispered "Warnick..."

[Warnick is a made-up creature, you can model it as long as it doesn't get very crazy and follows medieval-fantasy creature guidelines. So no: "turbo-boosted jet-propelled laser-nuke firing metal cat" XD]
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:13 am

A black streak flashed across the yard as Neko, Vargorn, and Loreguy left the old Inn. A Vaal'Ran? No, not at this elevation. Vox then heard Loreguy's whisper and his blood chilled. He should have warned them, they surely weren't ready for this. Was he? He had better be.

"Don't move!" Loreguy whispered to the other two. Hand on sword, he looked for the Warnick's tracks.
"Warnick. Fast bastards but very predictable, if you know their patterns of movement. We will be safer if we stay close together and don't move, it'll be much easier to track," Said Loreguy

It was then that the door opened, Vangorn's wife peering out, basket in hand.
"Vangorn? What are you still doing here?"
"Get back inside! Now!" Screeched Vangorn, fearful of losing a family member. Not twice in one year. Not again.
The Warnick, however, had other ideas. In a zigzag pattern, the black flashed across the yard straight toward the door.
"NO!" Yelled Vangorn, seeing the Warnick pounce on his wife.

Neko was paralyzed, realizing his nightmares from the night before were coming alive. The air around him even seemed to quiver.

Loreguy got through the door only to see a streak of blood leading into the kitchen area. The irony was too much for him; this will not happen. Bandits were one thing, the fools think they can take advantage of good people like these, but this he couldn't take. Realizing the Warnick was most likely defenseless in the closed in kitchen, he charged in roaring his battle cry.

Vargorn nearly fell to his knees when he saw all the blood. The only thing that stopped his fall was a scream from the kitchen. His wife still lives! He saw Loreguy charging into the kitchen.

Neko could still barely move. Everything played out exactly. . . And he was not prepared to witness the ending again. Finally, rage over-powering fright, he charged back into the building, following the others. The air around him radiated with power.

This was the worst thing that could have happened, summarized Vox. The three didn't realize that they were just walking into a death trap. Running and jumping to the grassy ground below, he pulled out his crossbow.

Neko almost blew Vargorn aside as he entered, not managing his powers. Quickly hopping the counter and entering the kitchen, he saw Loreguy in the fight for his life with the Warnick. He couldn't see Vargorn's wife, she must have been behind one of the few counters. Neko threw Loreguy aside and used his psychic powers to blast the Warnick against the wall. Rage over coming reason, before he knew it, he had exhausted his powers; And the Warnick still lived. Falling to his knees, Neko knew this was the end. The Warnick walked with a limp, slowly now, over to Neko. It was almost on top of him when an arrow was heard. Blood gushed all over Neko and Loreguy, the Warnick fell to the ground.
Vargorn, only uttered a low moan as he came in the room. A feminine hand was sticking out from behind a counter. . .

(Does she live or die? Well, that's for Varrgie to decide, I think. )
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:21 am

Loreguy helped Vargorn up from his feet. The only thing that came from Vargorn's mouth was a senseless moan.
"I think he's in shock," Loreguy said.
Suddenly, Vargorn's moans became words. "Whhhhyy Heeeeerrr... Whhyyy...
She was so strong... strong..."
He collapsed, knocking Loreguy over.
Loreguy checked his vital signs. "He's unconsious, but still breathing."
"Thank god." Neko whispered.
"Looks like Neko had enough killing for today," thought Loreguy "Let's get out of here before another one of those things shows up."
"I wonder where that arrow came from." said Loreguy. "let's go, we must remember our quest."
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: The Exit: Edited   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:11 pm

"Wait, " Said Neko. "What do we do with her body?"
Loreguy looked over to Vargorn. "I don't know the customs of these parts, or what would consist of a proper burial. I'm afraid that if we bury her, we will be conducting a shameful action to the family."
"We can't risk staying here..." said Neko.
Loreguy pondered the situation: One dead woman and an unconscious man.
"Does this Inn have a basement?"
"I think it does..."
""Go look."
Neko walked weakly towards the door.
Loreguy grabbed a large piece of white cloth from the closet. He managed to wrap it around Sonia, just by the time that Neko came back.
"It has a small cellar just a few doors from here..." Said Neko with obvious strain.
Loreguy took something from behind the counter and tossed it to Neko.
"Drink it, you'll recover your strength."
Loreguy slung Sonia over his shoulder and walked to where Neko had pointed out the cellar was.
The cellar was filled with barrels of wine and a medium-sized table in the middle. Loreguy laid her down there.
Then he brought Vargorn and leaned him beside the table. He left a pouch of coins in his pocket and walked up, closing the door.
"He knows were we are headed. We cant risk bringing him with us like this, he'll slow us down and get us all killed. Neko, get the pack. We're heading to Oakgar."
And once again, they walked away from the cabin, now with a dead woman, a dead Warnick, and an unconscious man inside.
What could possibly go wrong?

(Vox wuz hear)

Last edited by Loreguy on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:03 pm

" We've missed almost a whole day's trek, haven't we?"
Asked Neko when they set camp in the clearing.
"Well, yes. Though, with carrying Vargorn, we would have made it as far as we should have. We're just an hour from Reh'Keel Bog," Replied Loreguy, leaning back against a tree.
"And you think its safe? You surely know the stories. . . Some of which aren't stories."
"Aye, I think its safe. Besides, we've our own little mage with us to keep us safe!"
"I am not a Mage. I just have an acute hold over my psychic abilities," Muttered Neko.
"What ever you say. . . Speaking of which, do you think Sonia was Vargorn's wife?"
Neko shrugged.
"He was talking in his sleep when I set him down in the cellar. . ." Said Loreguy, tentatively.
An awkward silence settled over the camp, which was only broken by the sound of an arrow.
Neko jumped back as it landed near where he had been sitting.
"Where did it come from?"
"I don't know. Only a select few can climb these trees, so close to the bog and covered with muck. But I do know, however, that the note attached to it was for us," Said Neko.
Loreguy read the note aloud, "All will be revealed. Soon."
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: A Shadow of the Moon   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:31 pm

Neko unsheathed his short sword.
"Don't even dare. If he wanted to kill us, and he's demonstrated he can, he would have. We will have to wait until all is revealed."
Neko sheathed his sword but cast nervous glances to the treetops.
"We should stay here for the night, I'll take first guard."
Neko went to the tent.
Loreguy waited.
And waited.
The truth was that Loreguy did not like having crossbow-wielding tree-jumpers following him. So he headed into the forest, to hunt down and warn whoever was following to stop.
He made little noise as he walked through Freunnd.
But his prey was actually a hunter, and made even less noise...
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Vox could sense that Loreguy was skilled at sneaking. Vox was only just able to escape being found. . . But there was a time for games and this was not one of those times. Sliding down a tree, he jumped down just behind Loreguy and covered his mouth with his hand.
"Don't yell. You know not what you've almost run into in these woods. I'll release you now. You know I could have killed you if I wanted, I mean you no harm now."
Vox released his prey skillfully, quickly distancing himself in one move.
Loreguy tensed at the sight of his silent stalker.
"You. Why are you following us?"
"As I said, all will be revealed. I didn't save you from a Warnick for nothing. . . Haro," Said Vox showing him his prized crossbow.
"Ah, so that was you. Have you been following us all this time?"
"Aye. You're special, Loreguy. Very special. And somehow, you found your self two other exceptional individuals. One of which you left in a cellar with his dead wife. I have to admit, that surprised me. "
"We were in danger. We had to keep moving. "
"I understand. However, you left him with. . . This. " Vox says as he pulls out Vargorn's necklace, glowing lightly.
"You stole that from him?"
"It was never his. This belongs to a fallen angel. . . And it resonates with you."
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: The Angels   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Loreguy stared into the Vox's eyes.
Angels? He thought to himself. They've been gone for millennium...
"How do you know this?"
Asked he suspiciously...
"I don't trust the word of people who hide and claim to be friends... And why do tell me about it?"
Loreguy remembered about the stories that his more religious companions would talk about during the Varadulian Wars.
They spoke of old men, in white cloths and long beards. They stood straight with enormous wings of silver and ivory. They were plated in Mythril and looked over Varalgrhana, the land of Gods.
Loreguy had always replied to them that if there was indeed such a being, they would prevent the horrors of the World.
But now a stranger appeared, claiming to have a necklace from these mystical creatures, which was somehow obtained by an innkeeper... I didn't make sense...
He tightened his grip on his sword... this might all be an elaborate trap...
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:02 pm

"Because Angels didn't die. No, they couldn't. There are immortal. Or, rather. . . They were."
Loreguy plainly shocked by this revelation. Angels hadn't just vanished? They became mortal?
"Aye, they are now among us. Mortal and alive. Now, I have a question for you, Haro. Did you ever wonder who your parents were?"
"How do you know about my parents?"
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:59 pm

"Sonia?" he looked over and saw her body. A tear rolled down his cheek.
He carried her into the yard and placed her on a flat rock. He began an ancient ritual, one used by the yoricans for millions of years. "Your body is gone, but your spirit remains," he unwrapped her, took a strand of her hair and anything once dear to her. "may these items keep us close, so we may meet again." he began to chant in yorican tongue, "Haravalda nombrask, destinravra, norviatua, donaquay,
zorintius, GERALDRIOK! Her body burned in a huge blue pulse, shooting up into the sky. All around him, he could see her memorys, when she was a child, when she got older, when she met Vargorn. The light began to fade, until he could see something else. "Sonia?" "Varrgie," Varrgie, I will always be with you, in your soul, in your mind." "how?" Vargorn asked. She ran into him, into his blood, his heart, his head. He heard her voice in his head. "I will help you, give you strength when there is none, courage when everyone has given up." "I need to bring this to threga- he searched his pocket. "oh no." he starts to run, and to his disbelief, faster than he had ever before. "Nothing can stop me now. Nothing."
Back to top Go down
Neko
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:19 pm

"Don't move." neko reveals himself from the tree he was hiding behind. "Now what do you say about putting that firearm down, also I wouldn't mind if you let go of lore. I dont need this sword to kill you."
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 pm

"Wait Neko. He isn't holding me... If he was this would be a much grimmer circumstance."
Neko cautiously walked around Vox, dagger still pointed at him, until h reached Loreguy's side.
Loreguy felt that the conversation Vox had started was no more appropriate now than it was before. Neko should not know about his personal life, nor should Vox.
Nevertheless Loreguy needed and wanted to hear what Vox had to say.
Nervously Loreguy put his fingertip on top of Neko's dagger and lowered it.
Vox had somehow achieved to hide the medallion, although Loreguy was unsure of whether or not Neko had heard about it, or even what he had heard.
Loreguy outstretched his hand.
"What about you come with us... for the meanwhile...?"
Back to top Go down
Anlijental
Hunter
Anlijental

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:49 pm

Raralith looked through the woods, it had been a few days since he came here. Looking down at his hands he saw the burns, the burns that caused him to leave of the kingdom he had lived in. He didn't know how long it had been now. Clueless to where he was, the memories relapsed in...

Days earlier,

"Raralith! Come sit down, we must talk," Jaree Yorelarr, another man in the same line of work as him said.

"Alas, I am afraid I cannot, for I am o--"

"Nonsense! What could be making you in such a hurr--"

"I really cannot do this right now, Jaree." Raralith told his acquaintance as he looked behind his shoulder and continued onward through the bar. Making sure he was far away from everyone he reached into his legging's pocket and grabbed a piece of paper from inside of it. He slid it under the crack in the floorboard, below it was grabbed by Greylock, the kingdom drunk (Or so everyone thought), Greylock played a very convincing role, one that had to of worked for the sake of the endeavor.

Raralith then exited the bar, trying not to look back. The door closing behind him his eyes looked toward the keep, "Soon," he whispered under his breath. he started walking but Jaree jumped infront of him.

"Listen Rar, I know what you are doi---"

"Keep it down," he whispered hastily, "Greylock and I are going to try to take the Sejuragau."

"Th-The Sejuragau? How much ale have you had Raralith?! This is insane."

"Our client is paying a hefty amount of gold pieces for this job."

"Raralith, going after that is practically an execution waiting to happen!"

"Jaree, walk with me," Raralith muffled, they walked and continued the conversation, "You know what happened, our 'Oh so mighty king' survived the assassination attempt from that blade. Our client recently just realized that with the king having the blade, he will find out soon enough who it belongs to."

"I know, but Raralith, what if you don't get it?" Jaree asked.

"I am quite sure we will, you forget today is when he will be making a public appearance. My plan is simple, Greylock will stumble out of the bar and attack the king, while the guards are distracted I will sneak into the Keep, and grab it." Raralith replied.

"That simple?" Jaree asked.

"That simple." Raralith, feeling a little cocky, said. After that he waited awhile, for the king to come out of his castle. It was time. The king came out of the castle, of course Guarded by many of "Knight Brenthar's Finest" and Knight Brenthar himself. All was going to plan.

"Oh! Lookie what we have here! Our majesty coming out to talk to us? What of the peasants? He never listens to us! All he cares about are the Nobles, don't ye' all realise he just wants us here for labor? There is nothing good about him! Listen here king, we don't want you here anymore!" Greylock yelled and then threw a bottle of ale at the king. Chuckling he ran off, the guards rushed after him.

Raralith snuck up to the Keep door, pulling the door open just as far as he needed it open, he was in. There was a single guard in the room, looking down at a tome. Taking the dagger from his pocket so swiftly he slashed it into the guard's neck. Blood gushed out, luckily not everywhere. Raralith proceeded to put the armor on and grabbing the guard's bow. What am I going to do with the body, he asked himself, he saw a chest and just shoved the body in, closing the lid he went up the stairs towards where the Sejuragau was being kept. Passing guards he continued toward it, his client had described the castle very well, he didn't have time to think about that though, it would only be time until he would be discovered.

Finally he was alone in the room it was being displayed in. He didn't have time to find the key so he bashed the container open. He knew it was loud, he grabbed the Sejuragau, his hands tingling, the sword blade was heated by a blacksmith to make sure it wasn't stolen. His client didn't say that it would be heated, looking at his hands he saw they were burned. He thought fast, closing his eyes he grabbed the handle, looking to his right he saw a window. He opened it and started to climb through it. He was ready to jump when he saw a small ledge below it, hopping down to it, he catched his breath. Then Raralith jumped to a house, now closer to him than before. His hand started to slip, before he fell he got himself back up, jumping from house to house he made it towards the castle wall, he saw Greylock, he was runnin--- Avoiding suspicion Raralith jumped down from the wall, and aimed his bow, closing his eyes he shot it. Greylock dropped, dead. The guards went towards his body, using the distraction Raralith looked at the Sejuragau, and tucked it into his bag. He ditched the armor, and left the kingdom, not even looking back, he bought a horse from the stables, and headed into the woods...

The Flashback ended, and he looked up. Below the cliff he saw Nek0 and Lore, he heard the words, "What about you come with us... for the meanwhile...?" He decided to stay down, they weren't doing anything that would hurt him, looking at the Sejuragau, he knew he still had to get this to his client, or he could bet he'd be hunted and executed not only by the King, but also by his client.
Back to top Go down
http://minecraftmxp.blogspot.com/
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Vox merely looked at Neko and put his Crossbow in Loreguy's outstretched hand.
"I'll meet you two back at camp. That is, if Neko hasn't left it open for a sacking," Said Vox as he walked passed Neko.
"Who is he?"
Loreguy watched Vox leave, "Your savior," he replied and walked back towards camp.
Loreguy found Vox stretched out on a low hanging branch near the fire.
"We have much to do in the morning, Haro. I'm sure your friend the Innkeep will be on our trail soon enough. I'd rather be in open ground when that happens, to keep from hurting him."
"Er. He. . . He isn't an Innkeep. He happens to be a Lumberjack." Said Loreguy awkwardly.
Neko entered camp with a look strain on his face.
Back to top Go down
Anlijental
Hunter
Anlijental

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:25 am

Looking down Raralith saw them enter a camp, he started to think that if he made himself known they could possibly help him get to Oakgar. Yelling he exclaimed down at them,

"Is anybody going to Oakgar? I'm lost and have a friend I need to meet there! It is very urgent!"

Last edited by Anlijental on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To fit better.)
Back to top Go down
http://minecraftmxp.blogspot.com/
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:47 am

Vargorn was a blur, one minute he was there, then he was gone. He needed to get the medallion, the power that opal holds is immeasurable. When he found out who stole it he was going to rip it's head off. He jumped over a fallen tree, and found them in a camp. His eyesight had improved because of Sonia, and he immediately saw Loreguy and Neko. There was some guy by them. I ran, jumped, and landed right in front of them. "Vargorn? How did you jump like that?!" loreguy said in disbelief. Vargorn looked at them all, and noticed something shiny was hanging out of the other guy's pocket. He saw him reaching for a crossbow… before he could shoot him, he smashed it to splinters and through the guy to the ground.
"VARGORN?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! AND HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!"yelled loreguy. Sonia laughed. "What am I doing? THIS SON OF A WARNICK STOLE THE MEDALLION!" yelled Vargorn." You stole the medallion!" Neko argued. "What? It was given to me! I realised how powerful it was and was going to give it to thregan!" "We don't need to fight. We are all going to Oakgar." said loreguy. "Well, I'm not sure about Vox-" "Is that the name of this bastard! No courage, just a backstabber!" "calm down Vargorn. He was the one who shot the wari-" "HE COULD HAVE KILLED IT BEFORE IT TOOK MY WIFE!!!"
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 3:49 am

"Courage? Is this what you call courage? Blindly starting fights with those you invited into your own home? No," Replied Vox, staring straight into Vargorn's eyes.
Vox turned to Neko and Loreguy, "What he says is true. He was given the medallion. However, it does not belong to him. . . It belongs to Loreguy."
"What? Me?"
"HIM?" Vargorn yelled in disbelief, his voice seeming to distort.
"Aye, him. The medallion resonates with him," Told Vox, "At least one of his parents was a Fallen Angel. That there is their Immortality, crystallized into pure, unadulterated power. And it belongs to Loreguy."
Sonia cackled inside Vargorn's mind, causing him to lose focus.
"E-Enough! This man is not worth my time. He is just a lowly story teller. Just give me back my medallion. Now!" Said Vargorn, barely keeping himself from reaching out and taking it. He felt Sonia shutter through his limbs, trying to force him to take it.
"I will not. It belongs to Loreguy and Loreguy solely."
"He cannot take such power! It is mine to keep safe! Mine!" Screeched Vargorn, eyes starting to loose focus, limbs twitching.
"As of yet. . ." Said Loreguy as he charged at Vargorn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book One: Genesis   Book One: Genesis I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book One: Genesis
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next