Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OverWorld Expansion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

OverWorld Expansion Empty
PostSubject: OverWorld Expansion   OverWorld Expansion I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Mobs:
Neutral:
Wizard: Rarely spawns a tower with a beacon block in the top. It sells Magic items and it's a "rival" of the Witch. If it sees a witch it will attack it, same to witch.
He's an enderman with a Cloak and Cowl around his head, to disguise himself. Only spawns after the death of the Ender Dragon.
The player sells Ender Pearls to him for unique items.

Hostile:
Amphibine: It attacks, and attaches itself to you. You get the Strength effect but a new potion effect that drains your food, without killing you. You need to get milk to kill it. Getting milk would be high priority, because you wouldn't be able to regenerate health (without a golden apple).
He would spawn in the Jungle and have a chance to spawn on Corruption blocks.
I was thinking, it could also steal some EXP (magic) every so often. Thoughts on this?

Rabid Wolves: These are pretty much just normal wolves that are stuck in the "red eyes" state. However, attacking them does not anger normal wolves. They cause a nausea effect and a 5 min or so damage reduction, as well as a 1 minute Mining Fatigue effect.

Structures:
Shrines: In taigas, forests, tundras and caves, shrines would appear. Shrines contain enchanted items and other valuables. These shrines would be guarded by spirits called Wraiths, who fight with special spectral swords called Baneblades. Wraiths drop ectoplasm, which can be used to craft Baneblades. Wraiths deal 2 hearts of damage. They look like a black mist in the shape of a man and give off black smoke.

Ancient Temples: These have an chance of spawning anywhere in Overworld. These temples are riddles with traps and the Wraiths seen above inhabit them. In the center of the temple is an alter with the Meteor Staff standing straight on top of it. Hidden passages have a chance of spawning, which lead to chests that can contain anything from dirt to diamonds.

Terrain:
Meteors: When the Meteor Staff is right clicked, a meteor would fall from the sky and crash land in the general direction you were pointing (with a chance of falling in a different direction of 20%). It would make all other blocks around it into Meteor Stone which you can use for various of stuff (we can discuss that part later).
Now, there is a small chance that the meteors will be corrupted. Corrupted by Deprolo, they crash down leaving meteor stone and Corrupted Stone can only spread in places of light level ~4. When day comes it would burn, if exposed.
When it spawns I'm sure we could have the sky light up with red.

Items:
Meteor Staff: Found standing straight up on the Altar in the Ancient Temples. Once broken, it drops as the Meteor Staff. hen the Meteor Staff is right clicked, a meteor would fall from the sky and crash land in the general direction you were pointing. This consumes EXP or damages the Staff.

Baneblade: Special spectral swords. The sword would be see-through.

Ectoplasm: Wraiths drop ectoplasm, which can be used to craft Baneblades.

Boss:

Miniboss:

The rest will be sorted out later.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

PostSubject: Re: OverWorld Expansion   OverWorld Expansion I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Agreed. I like this! The overworld does need A boost up.
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

PostSubject: Re: OverWorld Expansion   OverWorld Expansion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:00 am

Hell yeah. Should there be an item that can be used to find a special ancient shrine with the meteor staff? Other ancient shrines would be less extravagant, and instead contain strong enchanted items. also, could the meteor staff be used to create a portal? Perhaps the staff would also be guarded by a miniboss, the creator of the staff itself. any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: OverWorld Expansion   OverWorld Expansion I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Varrgie wrote:
Hell yeah. Should there be an item that can be used to find a special ancient shrine with the meteor staff? Other ancient shrines would be less extravagant, and instead contain strong enchanted items. also, could the meteor staff be used to create a portal? Perhaps the staff would also be guarded by a miniboss, the creator of the staff itself. any thoughts on this?

Personally, I think the staff should be a very rare item. The addition of an item that helps you locate the staff would take way from the special"-ness" of the Staff. I agree on you about the other shrines, and they should contain one rather important item, and a few day-to-day items that help. Such as bread, a bucket, apples, iron... you get my drift.
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
Andrewizard
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: OverWorld Expansion   OverWorld Expansion I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Wow this all sounds great it sucks that I can't help anymore, because I had just spent an hour on a temple generator for this mod.
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: OverWorld Expansion   OverWorld Expansion I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:29 am

Andrew, it seems to me you are very passive-aggressive. If you want to say something you should be more assertive about it!
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OverWorld Expansion   OverWorld Expansion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OverWorld Expansion
Page 1 of 1