Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Terrain generation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tbh1138
Warrior

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Is the terrain generation in the End going to stay finite, or can we make it infinite?
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:36 pm

tbh1138 wrote:
Is the terrain generation in the End going to stay finite, or can we make it infinite?
You mean Limited, And Yes, I belive, We still want it to be A floating island
Back to top Go down
tbh1138
Warrior

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:02 am

Miner wrote:
You mean Limited,
Same thing. Finite = limited, infinite = unlimited.
Quote :
And Yes, I belive, We still want it to be A floating island
Right, but should it be just one floating island or an infinite series of them?
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:43 am

I would think the end to be an archipelago of floating islands, yes. But then there's the ender complex. Would that be a separate biome or a generated structure? rendeer
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 am

Varrgie wrote:
I would think the end to be an archipelago of floating islands, yes. But then there's the ender complex. Would that be a separate biome or a generated structure? rendeer
I think it would be A lot of litil floating island around the 'Main Island' But not endless islands. And The Ender Complex is a generated structure
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 4:37 pm

The End shall stay Finite. However, trading with Endermen means an infinite amount of End Stone possible. Don't ask me where they get the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 7:50 pm

PenitusVox wrote:
The End shall stay Finite. However, trading with Endermen means an infinite amount of End Stone possible. Don't ask me where they get the stuff.
Ok, Were do they get it XD
Back to top Go down
tbh1138
Warrior

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:55 pm

How, exactly, are the new structures going to generate after the dragon is killed if the End stays finite? Currently the only structures that can generate themselves are trees, and they only do that by replacing a sapling. Are we going to make a block exactly like endstone but it eventually generates a village? It'd still be hard to keep people from mining it; just look at the Monster Egg blocks found in strongholds.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 5:48 pm

[quote="tbh1138"]How, exactly, are the new structures going to generate after the dragon is killed if the End stays finite? Currently the only structures that can generate themselves are trees, and they only do that by replacing a sapling. Are we going to make a block exactly like endstone but it eventually generates a village? It'd still be hard to keep people from mining it; just look at the Monster Egg blocks found in strongholds. [/quote *facepalm* You dont get it.
Back to top Go down
tbh1138
Warrior

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:48 am

[quote="Miner"]
tbh1138 wrote:
How, exactly, are the new structures going to generate after the dragon is killed if the End stays finite? Currently the only structures that can generate themselves are trees, and they only do that by replacing a sapling. Are we going to make a block exactly like endstone but it eventually generates a village? It'd still be hard to keep people from mining it; just look at the Monster Egg blocks found in strongholds. [/quote *facepalm* You dont get it.
Heh, your quote failed. So they're just going to generate over existing chunks as soon as you leave the End? What if you're hosting a LAN world, with 4 people in the End, and one of them leaves and comes back?
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:53 am

[quote="tbh1138"]
Miner wrote:
tbh1138 wrote:
How, exactly, are the new structures going to generate after the dragon is killed if the End stays finite? Currently the only structures that can generate themselves are trees, and they only do that by replacing a sapling. Are we going to make a block exactly like endstone but it eventually generates a village? It'd still be hard to keep people from mining it; just look at the Monster Egg blocks found in strongholds. [/quote *facepalm* You dont get it.
Heh, your quote failed. So they're just going to generate over existing chunks as soon as you leave the End? What if you're hosting a LAN world, with 4 people in the End, and one of them leaves and comes back?

The End is going to stay finite,, however Endermen will trade Endstone with you (and other things too) and you can expand the End with Endstone.
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:52 pm

I suggest the Endermen expand it themselves, creating bridges and platforms to place their buildings on. It is meant to be a complex.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Varrgie wrote:
I suggest the Endermen expand it themselves, creating bridges and platforms to place their buildings on. It is meant to be a complex.
Building AIs sweet, I think it would be cool if they had a AI like steve, Builds, Takes inventory, Etc, That would be an EPIC edition. Hey, I thoght of something, two editions, One is standerd and the other is platnium witch has better stuff.
Back to top Go down
tbh1138
Warrior

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Miner wrote:
I think it would be cool if they had a AI like steve,
Steve doesn't have an AI, he's the player character. Wink
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:51 pm

tbh1138 wrote:
Miner wrote:
I think it would be cool if they had a AI like steve,
Steve doesn't have an AI, he's the player character. Wink
I ment like an AI That Is like the player
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 am

Varrgie wrote:
I wrote a long post on the subject of how the ended complex will generate, when my app crashed, a few days ago. Since, I felt drained and wanted to stay away from this. However. . . It cannot be delayed any longer.

I'll try to make it shorter this time. No, Endermen will NOT build it themselves, though they will say they did. . . Lying little buggers.

There will most likely be an indestructible block, with the endstone texture, that works as a sort of Latch. Similar to how the dragon spawns the portal out, the dragon turns on this block. Now, I'm not sure if it's possible, but it would, I think, work best like this: block turned on, chunks are unloaded ( player goes through portal ), when chunks are reloaded, the block realizes this and carves out the complex.

Once again, NO MILLIAIRE in FoD.

... This was a ***** to write on my IPod.
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:00 am

What's wrong with milleniare? :3
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Varrgie wrote:
What's wrong with milleniare? :3
Its another separate mod. I like how Vox explained it. Although it needs a bit more clarifying, which can be done later.
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Terrain generation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrain generation   Terrain generation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrain generation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Field of Dimensions Official Forum :: Dimensions :: Ender-
Jump to: