Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shinestone

Go down 
+3
tbh1138
Varrgie
Miner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:58 pm

This Brick in skyr is a natural light sorce in caves, The more they are linked the brighter there is (Changable if not possibal) And the texture is a shiny kind of texture.The brick is only broken buy any wooden pick (sopposing new wood will come out).

PS if you have a sample texture post here, and Please use constructive critizam!
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:10 am

It does sound awfully familiar... Like glowstone? :3 it's still a good idea.
Back to top Go down
tbh1138
Warrior

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:21 pm

I've been thinking about level >15 lights, and although it's impossible using normal light levels, it could be done by illuminating every block in a 53 cube, centered on the shinestone block to level 15, and from there on out it just drops off like normal lights.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:14 pm

Rather than being a poor glowstone knockoff, maybe something else? If we wanted to use a real life ore, Uranium could be a prime cannidate. Or it could be a completely original ore, magical in nature. :3
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:32 pm

PenitusVox wrote:
Rather than being a poor glowstone knockoff, maybe something else? If we wanted to use a real life ore, Uranium could be a prime cannidate. Or it could be a completely original ore, magical in nature. :3
Uranitite
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Miner wrote:
PenitusVox wrote:
Uranitite
A little more original...
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Loreguy wrote:
Miner wrote:
PenitusVox wrote:
Uranitite
Quandomitite Razz
Back to top Go down
ALinkToTheFuture
Berserker
ALinkToTheFuture

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Miner wrote:
Loreguy wrote:
Miner wrote:
PenitusVox wrote:
Uranitite
Quandomitite Razz

Linkanite
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:15 am

Enstinite
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Guys, a name is one thing. A function is another. I was trying to expand on this. >:O
Back to top Go down
Vultraz
Hunter

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Vultraz
Hunter

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Improved Version   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:54 pm

Here's an improved version, it looks more sky-themed:
Shinestone UABwV
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Vultraz wrote:
Here's an improved version, it looks more sky-themed:
Shinestone UABwV
More like ice, methinks.
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:06 pm

So it:
-Glows like glowstone, but has a larger lighting area.
Any more ideas?
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Loreguy wrote:
So it:
Any more ideas?
Only caan be broken by wood picks
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:16 am

Miner wrote:
Loreguy wrote:
So it:
Any more ideas?
Only caan be broken by wood picks
Thats not really a ... feature.
Back to top Go down
tbh1138
Warrior

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:00 pm

Loreguy wrote:
So it:
Any more ideas?
-Drops itself if broken by wood, stone, iron, or diamond pickaxe.
-Drops dust if broken by obsidian or hand.
-4 dust can be crafted into a block.
-Cube of light emitted can go through blocks; lights out of nowhere in dark caves can help you find it. Can also be used for hidden lighting in houses.
-Generates as a rare ore instead of as glowstone-like stalactites. Again, it can be easily found because of the light it emits.
-Ignites undead mobs on contact with block.
-Slowly heals player at a rate of 1 heart/sec when within light cube.
-Dust can be crafted with food to make it heal like a golden apple.
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Maybe it could be used for making a portal to skyr. :}
Back to top Go down
tbh1138
Warrior

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Varrgie wrote:
Maybe it could be used for making a portal to skyr. :}
Not if it only generates in Skyr. That's like making a Nether portal out of soul sand.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:00 pm

tbh1138 wrote:
Loreguy wrote:
So it:
Any more ideas?
-Drops itself if broken by wood, stone, iron, or diamond pickaxe.
-Drops dust if broken by obsidian or hand.
-4 dust can be crafted into a block.
-Cube of light emitted can go through blocks; lights out of nowhere in dark caves can help you find it. Can also be used for hidden lighting in houses.
-Generates as a rare ore instead of as glowstone-like stalactites. Again, it can be easily found because of the light it emits.
-Ignites undead mobs on contact with block.
-Slowly heals player at a rate of 1 heart/sec when within light cube.
-Dust can be crafted with food to make it heal like a golden apple.
That seems somewhat overpowered. I see no draw back at all. Maybe a poison effect? Or Blindness, if we add it.
Back to top Go down
tbh1138
Warrior

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:59 pm

PenitusVox wrote:

That seems somewhat overpowered. I see no draw back at all. Maybe a poison effect? Or Blindness, if we add it.
From the food? Sure, blindness from shoving something glowing as bright as the sun in your face. I'm OK with that drawback. Maybe the poison too. It could also have a 10% chance of lighting you on fire instead of poisoning you.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:32 am

tbh1138 wrote:
PenitusVox wrote:

From the food? Sure, blindness from shoving something glowing as bright as the sun in your face. I'm OK with that drawback. Maybe the poison too. It could also have a 10% chance of lighting you on fire instead of poisoning you.
I also meant the glowing sphere part. First, you're standing in a glowing sphere that should keep enemy's from spawning. Second, you're being healed, when technically out-classes food (possibly make it use hunger at a fast or the same rate of healing). Third, it hurts Undead if they go into the Sphere.
In this, with out some tinkering, it would be extremely overpowered and have no draw-backs at all.
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:46 am

Ok so:
-Glows like glowstone
-Glows brighter when together
-Can be broken like silk touch by iron, wood, a¿diamond, and enderdiamond.
-Drops dust if broken by hand or by obsidian (block or tools?)
-Lights through blocks
-Generates as a rare ore (I assume it is usually visible in caves, and not embedded in other materials)
-Ignites undead on contact
-Heals player 1/s
-When crafted with food it gives the same(-ish) attributes of a golden apple
-10% of burning
- x>50% chance of blindness when looking straight at the block (unless wearing x >leather helmet)
-1/5 heart damage dealt by poison for 2/s up to 4/s when eating crafted food with it.

Did I get it all?
Back to top Go down
tbh1138
Warrior

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:04 pm

PenitusVox wrote:
it hurts Undead if they go into the Sphere.
In this, with out some tinkering, it would be extremely overpowered and have no draw-backs at all.
I didn't say that undead would take damage from going into the light cube, I meant that they would ignite once they touch the block. Since it should have so many disadvantages it's almost useless (like gold tools) why not make it light surrounding flammable blocks on fire?
Loreguy wrote:

-Drops dust if broken by hand or by obsidian (block or tools?)
Tools.
Quote :

-Generates as a rare ore (I assume it is usually visible in caves, and not embedded in other materials)

It's always embedded in other materials. Usually a completely worthless block that only serves to clog up your inventory so it's harder to pick up the shinestone.
Quote :

-10% of burning
- x>50% chance of blindness when looking straight at the block (unless wearing x >leather helmet)
Right, but only the food or directly touching the block will have a chance to ignite you. Being in the light cube is fine. Holding a block of shinestone causes blindness for as long as you're holding it + 45 seconds. In creative mode you're completely unaffected by shinestone.

Maybe it should also boil all water (including cauldrons) within the light cube. The more blocks of shinestone are touching, the larger the lit area is, water is harder to get to if you start burning.

Shinestone should drop 2-4 dust when broken by hand, 1 when broken with an obsidian tool, deal quadruple damage to a wood pickaxe (because of the heat) and drop itself when broken with stone, iron, gold, diamond, or enderdiamond. The blocks now take 9 dust to craft. Mining a shinestone block with a pickaxe that causes it to drop itself should have a 30% chance to light you on fire unless you immediately throw the pickaxe on the ground, wait a second, and then you can pick it back up. It should also do double damage to any pickaxe made with a wood stick, again because of the heat.

Last edited by tbh1138 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed some weird wording.)
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:35 am

So Many good ideas on this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shinestone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinestone   Shinestone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shinestone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Field of Dimensions Official Forum :: Dimensions :: Skyr/ Eterika/ Aeria-
Jump to: