Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meteor Shower!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Meteor Shower! Empty
PostSubject: Meteor Shower!   Meteor Shower! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:01 am

Hello everyone. I just thought of an idea I find rather cool. In the overworld there is not much of all that dimension hassle and you usually only get to the real goods after you defeat the Enderdragon. So i thought of something cool that would get your adventure sense running and would make you more curious.

Meteor Showers!

Now, I don't mean REAL meteor showers, but rather sometimes a meteor would fall from the sky and crash land. It would make all other blocks around it into Meteor Stone which you can use for various of stuff (we can discuss that part later).

Now, there is a small chance that the meteors will be corrupted. Corrupted by Deprolo, they crash down leaving meteor stone and Corrupted Stone. Yes those found in Skyr. They will slowly corrupt the world and would be so cool to find when you are running around on your adventure.

I haven't got all the details in yet but it's just an idea i threw out there. We can discuss all the stuff about them here on this post.

So get posting guys, gimme your feedback and ideas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Luancat
The Ancients

Meteor Shower! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteor Shower!   Meteor Shower! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 11:58 am

Looks like terraria!Meteors!
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Meteor Shower! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteor Shower!   Meteor Shower! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Seems interesting. If we did it, I'd say it would have a much larger chance of happening in the plains biome, because its so boring. Only about 2-3 would happen per map, prolly.

Corruption seems like an interesting idea. Maybe is can only spread in places of light level ~4? Like mobs. So it would go down into caverns. When day comes it would burn.

Interesting idea. When it spawns I'm sure we could have the sky light up with red, or something. That would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Savannah-man
Rogue

Meteor Shower! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteor Shower!   Meteor Shower! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:13 pm

May I offer an idea?

You can find rare 'torches' in some dungeon/temple which summons these things. That way you have to find the torch and people don't get pissed off over a meteor griefing fear. Of course there is a chance of corrupted meteorites forming.. I will have to look the corruption up. Don't remember seeing it.
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Meteor Shower! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteor Shower!   Meteor Shower! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Savannah-man wrote:
May I offer an idea?

You can find rare 'torches' in some dungeon/temple which summons these things. That way you have to find the torch and people don't get pissed off over a meteor griefing fear. Of course there is a chance of corrupted meteorites forming.. I will have to look the corruption up. Don't remember seeing it.

I really like that idea, also encourages exploring and we can add new things to the map. Great Smile
Back to top Go down
Savannah-man
Rogue

Meteor Shower! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteor Shower!   Meteor Shower! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm

Checked the skyr thread. Found basic notes on corruption. The trouble with your mod so far is that a lot of ideas are just that. Simple ideas like corruption with little explanation. Little use. And little reason for the player to not use anything it gives and wipe it off the map. If I get time I might show you a more developed showcase of what corruption could be.

I've had plenty of practice at development where I have come from Wink
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Meteor Shower! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteor Shower!   Meteor Shower! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Savannah-man wrote:
Checked the skyr thread. Found basic notes on corruption. The trouble with your mod so far is that a lot of ideas are just that. Simple ideas like corruption with little explanation. Little use. And little reason for the player to not use anything it gives and wipe it off the map. If I get time I might show you a more developed showcase of what corruption could be.

I've had plenty of practice at development where I have come from Wink

Sure, but once again: We will have to discuss this better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meteor Shower! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meteor Shower!   Meteor Shower! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meteor Shower!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Field of Dimensions Official Forum :: Suggestions :: Buildings and Towns-
Jump to: