Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nickel ore

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Nickel ore Empty
PostSubject: Nickel ore   Nickel ore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:48 am

I was thinking about how we don't have much planned for Skyr when I thought about aether's Gravitite. Rare, hard to reach, and explains the floating islands.

I hope to do something similar with Nickel. Nickel would be rare, and at the bottom of the islands. What makes it special? Why, magnetism, of course!
Nickel would draw all surrounding blocks too it.

I have a few ideas of how it could be used, but I want to hear yours first! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

Nickel ore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickel ore   Nickel ore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 am

MAGNETS!!! Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Nickel ore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickel ore   Nickel ore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Like what Varrgie said Magnets.
Crafted 4 nickels ingots in a square to make 2 magnet orbs with the magnets you craft a Magnet:

Arrow Arrow Arrow

Exclamation Arrow Exclamation

Arrow Question Arrow

arrow=Nothing ?= Iron != M Os

the magnets can magnetize a block and what ever steps on it is trapped unless tapped by a magnet again

Also i think we should change the Compass recipe.
Back to top Go down
tbh1138
Warrior

Nickel ore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickel ore   Nickel ore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 pm

Nickel ore only generates in Skyr, right? Which can only be accessed after killing the enderdragon. With magnets being made of nickel, and magnets being required to make a compass, finding your spawn point or using a map becomes an endgame ability, and it's not very useful compared to enchanting tools.

How about we make the nickel compass useful in other dimensions? It locates the origin in the overworld (0,0,0, different from the spawn point), the spawn platform in the End, and the nearest portal in any other dimension.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Nickel ore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickel ore   Nickel ore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:42 pm

tbh1138 wrote:
Nickel ore only generates in Skyr, right? Which can only be accessed after killing the enderdragon. With magnets being made of nickel, and magnets being required to make a compass, finding your spawn point or using a map becomes an endgame ability, and it's not very useful compared to enchanting tools.

How about we make the nickel compass useful in other dimensions? It locates the origin in the overworld (0,0,0, different from the spawn point), the spawn platform in the End, and the nearest portal in any other dimension.
To easy. I disagree, Sorry
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Nickel ore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickel ore   Nickel ore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 pm

tbh1138 wrote:

The compass made of iron shall stay the same. Iron is magnetizable as well, however, in Minecraft Nickel will be much more so.

I like the idea of the Nickel Compass.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Nickel ore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickel ore   Nickel ore I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:50 pm

[quote="PenitusVox"]
tbh1138 wrote:

The compass made of iron shall stay the same. Iron is magnetizable as well, however, in Minecraft Nickel will be much more so.

I like the idea of the Nickel Compass.[/quote Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CDR-RAGE
Hunter

Nickel ore Empty
PostSubject: compass    Nickel ore I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 1:52 pm

tbh1138 wrote:

IT THINK IT COULD BE USED TO FIND OTHER MAGNETIC STUFF
Back to top Go down
http://fieldofdimensions.forumcanadien.org/
Sponsored content

Nickel ore Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickel ore   Nickel ore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nickel ore
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Field of Dimensions Official Forum :: Dimensions :: Skyr/ Eterika/ Aeria-
Jump to: