Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic Empty
PostSubject: A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic   A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:01 pm

THE GUI

A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic ZengR

This GUI was created by Miner a long while ago, and was given little to no attention.
I decided to go over it an incorporate what some of us have been talking about, to give us a better view of how the cogs would fit to make a functional system.

Slots: 1 - 2 - 3

These slots would be used for the Projectile Overhaul sugeestions by Vox.

One would need to craft ammunition and place them in these slots. Each slot can hold only one type of ammunition in a stack.

To select a type of ammunition you would have to cycle through them with the keys "Z - X - C".

Z would select the topmost slot.
X would select the middle slot.
C would select the bottom slot.

The bow you have would fire the type of ammunition selected.

Note: Bows will not fire Pebbles, Frost, or Obsidian Chunks. The Slingshot will ONLY fire Pebble, Frost, and Obsidian Chunks.

Slots: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H

These slots would accommodate the new armor types.

SLOT A:

Helmet: No changes

SLOT B:

Left Spaulder: The Left Spaulder will cover the left shoulder of the player. They are made like so:

A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic 388599

SLOT C:

Breastplate: No changes

SLOT D:

Right Spaulder: The Right Spaulder will cove the right shoulder of the player. They are crafted like so:

A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic 388602

SLOTS E & G:

Gauntlets: The Guantlets will cover the hands of the player. They are crafted like so:

A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic 388618

SLOT F:

Belt: The Belt will cover the waist of the player. It is crafted like so:

A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic 388629

SLOT H:

Leg Armor: No changes

Note: The crafting recipes are only to produce IRON pieces. If so you wished to create another tier type of armor you would have to replace the iron bars with leather/diamond/gold etc...

VALUES

Full Armor:8/8 Protection

Belt: 0.6/8

Left Spaulder: 0.6/8

Right Spaulder: 0.6/8

Gauntlet 1: 0.6/8

Gauntlet 2: 0.6/8

Helmet: 1.5/8

Boots: 1.5/8

Breastplate: 2/8

The objective of the New Armor is to delay the "Godly" aspect that one achieves with armor, give an extended time need for mining in the early stages of Minecraft, and make PvP interesting.

Please comment.
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

PostSubject: Re: A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic   A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 am

While the rest of the ideas are good, I'm not so fond of the "Shoulder Plates, Gounglets and Belt thingy". To be completely honest, I don't think they belong in this mod, as they really have nothing to do with it. I think we should just leave the armor be, as there is really no reason to change it.
Back to top Go down
Luancat
The Ancients

PostSubject: Re: A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic   A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:52 am

"Do not fill with the mod"
"It will be better in other mod"
"HERP DERP DON'T FILL EHEUHEUEH"

We're making a "Expansion Pack",a addon,we need improve ALL!Not just dimensions,jogability,whatever,ALL!We can add too a slot to the quiver that unlock other slots or something like this!
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

PostSubject: Re: A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic   A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 8:03 am

Luancat wrote:
"Do not fill with the mod"
"It will be better in other mod"
"HERP DERP DON'T FILL EHEUHEUEH"

We're making a "Expansion Pack",a addon,we need improve ALL!Not just dimensions,jogability,whatever,ALL!We can add too a slot to the quiver that unlock other slots or something like this!

Expansion does not mean adding unnecessary things that don't belong anywhere.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic   A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:02 pm

Bad luan! Don't be rude. >:(

I'm on the fence on this one. It sounds like a good idea but it is also somewhat unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

PostSubject: Re: A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic   A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:11 pm

Did anyone notice the problem with adding the belt? The Boots are missing! As well, I love the idea for a new "belt" because perhaps we can make it an extra small storage space.
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic   A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Miner wrote:
Did anyone notice the problem with adding the belt? The Boots are missing! As well, I love the idea for a new "belt" because perhaps we can make it an extra small storage space.

The Boots are not missing. Boots ad Pants are considered one. They are considered "Leg Armor".
In medieval times and high renaissance Leg armor was one full mobile piece, with no distinction in between foot armor and leg armor.
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

PostSubject: Re: A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic   A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:16 am

Loreguy wrote:
Miner wrote:

The Boots are not missing. Boots ad Pants are considered one. They are considered "Leg Armor".
In medieval times and high renaissance Leg armor was one full mobile piece, with no distinction in between foot armor and leg armor.
Oh, Ok. That sums It up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic   A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New GUI/Inventory Mechanic
Page 1 of 1