Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dimension pack.

Go down 
+2
PenitusVox
Savannah-man
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah-man
Rogue

The Dimension pack. Empty
PostSubject: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:35 pm

I am a major ADD member. I also have a passive interest in FOD.

I see us not as competitors but like redpower and Buildcraft. We both want to make a mod that gives a refined approach to dimensions but are doing it in very different ways.

We are also both using Pudelhunds dimension API at the heart of our projects. What I am suggesting is that once we have both finished our mods we can combine them along with some other dimension mods to get a huge project. At first it will be SP but hopefully soon we can expand to get MP (our mod releases have all had MP support).

Along with our mods we could bolt in some other mods. Twilight forest. Pre-prehistoric mod or even the Aether.

Of course there will be problems. Both our mod expand the Nether so we will need to make these work. In ADD we have a re-designed ender and stronghold portals leading to a new boss. Of course we could fix this by having both a portal to your end and our boss realm in the same (or different (1 stronghold for yours, one for ours as we use a new eye type)) stronghold and keep our enders seperate.

Anyway. I would love to work closer with you guys to create a truly grand project. I believe our future is working both separately on our mods and together on an experience.

Last edited by Savannah-man on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Good man! We've been hoping for the same thing. At least ADD and FoD support, if nothing else.

Of course, there are also problems with the big changes that come with FoD, such as the XP system is used for Magic, and we're big on story here so we'd have to wrap our story around what else is added, or scrap the original altogether.

Technically we've never touched Pudelhunds dimension API but I'm sure we will in the future. (Probably the update after the current one.)
Back to top Go down
Luancat
The Ancients

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:21 pm

I really like this idea!But we will need to resolve some imcompatibilities.Like,we all are impreving the nether and the overworld!And you mod use forge?
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 pm

I really like that idea, but as all of you have stated we need to merge it very smooth. And as far as I know, in 1.4 everything will be MP by default, so that won't be a problem.

But i think we should have a big talk about this, maybe on skype or some other chatroom. Please contact us some time Smile
Back to top Go down
Savannah-man
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Well you could make a thread in our forum.

In terms of story we could just bolt them together and have 2 seperate stories in the same world.

In our mod we are having new XP uses as well. Just using them in blocks along with the current ones.

Pudelhunds API, as far as i know, is in forge. Look the API up and you will see how many mods use it. If we both use it then compatibility will be less of an issue. Just checking out conflicts in the overworld and Nether.

Of course for a proper final multi-release we will have to look at what each others mod adds and, as a result, tweak what's in our mods to fit. For instance all mobs in our mod will release invisible entities called 'Enderties'. Once you reach the ender and craft a some special goggles you can see them, catch them in special pearls crafted from the same material as the goggles and use them in a host of mechanics. (for all this look for the Endergy thread/ Endergy V2 thread in our forum). We would, preferably, need to work on a way of making all mobs drop this stuff. Some of the Endergy uses would also preferably be expanded to encompass what you add (For instance altering mobs to make minions or 'cursing' tools/weapons.)

Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Savannah-man wrote:
Well you could make a thread in our forum.

In terms of story we could just bolt them together and have 2 seperate stories in the same world.

In our mod we are having new XP uses as well. Just using them in blocks along with the current ones.

Pudelhunds API, as far as i know, is in forge. Look the API up and you will see how many mods use it. If we both use it then compatibility will be less of an issue. Just checking out conflicts in the overworld and Nether.

Of course for a proper final multi-release we will have to look at what each others mod adds and, as a result, tweak what's in our mods to fit. For instance all mobs in our mod will release invisible entities called 'Enderties'. Once you reach the ender and craft a some special goggles you can see them, catch them in special pearls crafted from the same material as the goggles and use them in a host of mechanics. (for all this look for the Endergy thread/ Endergy V2 thread in our forum). We would, preferably, need to work on a way of making all mobs drop this stuff. Some of the Endergy uses would also preferably be expanded to encompass what you add (For instance altering mobs to make minions or 'cursing' tools/weapons.)

We definitely need to work out some things that dont go well together, but that is why we need a more "live" discussion. Do you have any ideas of where all of us can join up and talk about it? We must also remember that 1.4 is coming along in 4 days, so it would be great to have all the problems away before that.

But yes, we all have to sacrifice something to get this to work, but i think that if we cooperate we can get this thing going and have the best mod ever.

(Example, i am IN LOVE with your Kypher dimension. It's absolutely amazing and it would be great if that together with some of our dimensions could join up).
Back to top Go down
Savannah-man
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Well. I think we should work like technic/tekkit did. Build our mods separately and then fit them together making amends during the process. Of course we should discuss things all the way through to make sure we have less confusion (such as multiple wrenches in tekkit).

That;s part of the reason I signed up for your forum. A.D.D is slowing down as we get to the get S**T done phase and with our glorious coder now absent for over a month we are stuck in the dulrums in terms of coding progress. I still do models here and there on techne and texture them. However in between I have more ideas and time. I also want to help a similar but different mod get along and get us working together more.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Maybe, perhaps are duo of mods could “Jump into” the Technic Launcher.
Back to top Go down
TheBoo99
Rogue
TheBoo99

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm sure you all did this to force me to code more.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:44 pm

TheBoo99 wrote:
Haha, no. Nothing like this will even happen until at least all of the dimensions are out.
Back to top Go down
TheBoo99
Rogue
TheBoo99

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 am

PenitusVox wrote:
TheBoo99 wrote:
Haha, no. Nothing like this will even happen until at least all of the dimensions are out.
Phew.
Back to top Go down
Savannah-man
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Well. We are using forge now as Pudel thinks it's dimension support os good enough. We have also, finally, released for 1.4.6 .

Just a vid showing the work done recently.

" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen >

It is still pre-alpha at the moment but we are making steady progress. How is your mod going along?
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Looks good. Have you guys done away with the original End Portal completely?

What were those villager looking mobs?

We converted to Forge as well. We'd probably be much farther along but we gave the guys a break during the holidays and new year.

Back to top Go down
TheBoo99
Rogue
TheBoo99

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:01 am

We are soon finished with Skyr. =3
Back to top Go down
Savannah-man
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:03 pm

PenitusVox wrote:
Looks good. Have you guys done away with the original End Portal completely?

What were those villager looking mobs?

We converted to Forge as well. We'd probably be much farther along but we gave the guys a break during the holidays and new year.

1. In the final mod we will simply retexture the Stronghold portal into a green portal which will lead to the boss dimension for the overworld and the Behemoth. If we combine our mobs we could just have your end portal generating alongside our new one.

2. They weren't mobs. Their this weird fungus thing.

3. Yeh, we are running on forge too.

Also. I noticed that your mod got a bit of air time on some you-tube accounts. Do you have any links to these accounts so we can get our mod a bit of airtime too?
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Savannah-man wrote:
I noticed that your mod got a bit of air time on some you-tube accounts. Do you have any links to these accounts so we can get our mod a bit of airtime too?
All we did was put out the mod. As the saying goes, build it and they will come. Smile
Back to top Go down
Savannah-man
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 4:24 pm

PenitusVox wrote:
Savannah-man wrote:
I noticed that your mod got a bit of air time on some you-tube accounts. Do you have any links to these accounts so we can get our mod a bit of airtime too?
All we did was put out the mod. As the saying goes, build it and they will come. Smile

Fair enough.

Also. I noticed you had coded your jellyfish things. Our coder Pudelhund is very good at terrain but not so, as far as I'm aware, at mobs. Maybe when Pudel comes back we can have our coders share some tips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dimension pack.   The Dimension pack. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dimension pack.
Page 1 of 1