Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skyr Information

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Skyr is a dimension like the Skylands. Being far up in the skies, it has a teal tint of color and it has a vast majority of animals, exotic terrain, majestic structures and The Luxillian Dragon overseeing it all. Here is a list of all the current features:

Mobs:
Passive:
Flying Squirrel: These squirrels jump around from tree to tree or glide to the ground and walk around. They are passive and when you kill them they drop Squirrel Meat and Nuts (All items will be listed later). They are instantly killed (got half a heart hp).

Floating Cloud: These are small clouds that are floating around peacefully, doing nothing. Just like a squid. When you kill them they drop Aeir Powder.

Neutral:
Blue Slimes: These are just like slimes, except they have a blue tint. When you kill them, they drop Blue Slimeballs.

Flying Jellyfish: These behave much as wolves. They float around in Seaweed (more info later) in packs and when you attack them, they attack you with their whole pack. They do half a heart of damage every 1 second for 3 seconds (does not stack). You can tame these with Blue Slime, and they behave just as wolves. When you kill them they drop an Electric Coil.

Hostile:
Hawk: These creatures fly around in the sky, and when you get too close they will nose dive you or 3 damage. They have 2 hearts of health and can easily be killed. They usually fly alone. Drops feathers.

Special rule: Nighttime Mobs:
At night time every mob becomes corrupted and will ALL become hostile and some will have special abilities (Nothing changes with hawk)

Flying Squirrels: Will shoot nuts at you for 0.5 hearts and when you get too close they will jump at you, attacking rabidly for 3 hearts of damage over 2 seconds.

Floating Cloud: Will shoot lightning at you for 3 hearts of damage and can trap you if you get too close.

Blue Slimes: Will be able to shoot slime at you poisoning you for 0.5 hearts of damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.

Jellyfish Becomes hostile

Hawk: Slows you when you are hit.

Structures:
The Floating Islands: This "dungeon" is a series of small, random generated islands floating around connected by bridges of solified light (More about that in the ores/blocks section). On each island there will be chests and a mob spawner.

Temple of the Skies: 3 tall temples on top of the biggest mountains in Skyr. It is here where the 3 great Tornados were sealed and it will be here you fight them.

Terrain:
Floating Trees: The floating trees are like a little island of trees, usually consisting of a 2x2 - 3x3 block of logs surrounded by leaves. They are found everywhere in Skyr. The logs, leaves and planks have a blue tint.

Pomegranate Bush: These consists of leaves (Not the same as tree leaves) and when you break them, they have a chance to drop Pomegranates.

Cyan Flowers: Normal Flowers, just cyan.

Skyweed: This looks and behave a lot like seaweed. About 4 stalks of flexible stalks of Skyweed stand around in big groups. When you stand inside them, they slow you just like soul sand. Jellyfish spawns in them.

Ores/Blocks:
(NOT YET FINISHED)
Lux Ore: This ore will be found all around in Skyr. It is about as common as iron and when you break it, it will drop Lux Powder.

Luxillian Block: This is a block of solified light. Made from the Lux Powder, it is a bright light with slight transparency. It is made from Lux Powder.

Nickel Ore: The Nickel ore is, much like the Lux ore, an ore you can find all around Skyr, thought it is a bit rarer (about as rare as gold). When smelted you get Nickel Ingot.

Granite: Granite is a form of hard stone. It spawns in giant veins all around Skyr and is a base resource. It is used to make Granite Tools.

Corrupted Stone: This looks like usual stone at daytime but when night falls, the stone becomes corrupted. When you mine it, it will drop Corrupted Seeds.

Items:
Squirrel Meat: This drops from squirrels and heals you 0.5 hearts raw and 1.5 hearts cooked.

Nuts: This drops from squirrels in chunks of 2 - 5. They are throwable, but deals no damage. Used to lure mobs. Can be cooked into Baked Nuts that heals you 1 heart.

Aeir Powder: This powder drops from the Floating Clouds. You can use them to make Aeir Boots which will negate/reduce fall damage (More uses will be implemented later).

Electric Coil: Drops from Floating Jellyfish. Used to make Electric Whip.

Electric Whip: The Electric Whip serves like a Fishing Pole, only when you catch a fish, they are instantly cooked. Also serves as a weapon dealing half a heart each second for 3 seconds. Crafted like a fishing pole, but with Electric Coils instead of string.

Blue Slimeball: Drops from Blue Slimes and are used to tame Jellyfish. Can be combined with a regular Slimeball to create 2 blue will be implemented later).

Pomegranade: These fruits drops from Grenade Apple Bushes and heals you for 3 hearts of health. Can be crafted into a Grenade Apple.

Grenade Apple: Crafted using Grenade Apples and Gunpowder, you can throw these and they will deal damage to everyone within range of the explosion. Behave just like a Ghast Fireball.

Lux Powder: Drops from Lux Ore. Can be crafted into Luxillian Block and Luxillian Torches.

Luxillian Torch: Crafted from sticks and Lux Powder, this torch is a little brighter than the regular torch. Besides that; normal torch.

Flute of the Winds: Drops from the Tornado and is used to lure the Luxillian Dragon down from the skies and can also be used to instantly tame any mob.

Granite Tools/Sword: Basic tools of the Skyr. Made from Granite and Sticks. Exactly the same as stone.

Corrupted Seeds: Drops from the Corrupted Stone. You can plant it on any block, and it will poison every mob (including the player) in a 1 block around it. Will slowly corrupt the blocks around it, starting with the one being planted on, converting them into Corrupted Stone.

Nickel Ingot: Made when you smelt Nickel Ore. Can be crafted into Electromagnet.

Electromagnet: Crafted using Nickel Ingot, Lux Powder and Electric Coil, the Electromagnet is a rather peculier item. When R is pressed it will switch to either blue or red. When right click is held down, the item will affect all nearby entities with magnetic effects corresponding to red or blue while draining durability.
Red: When the Electromagnet is red, it will attract all nearby entities, including mobs, items, minecarts and so on.
Blue: When the Electromagnet is blue, it will repel all nearby entities, including mobs, items, minecarts and so on.

Boss:

Miniboss: The miniboss of this dimension is a giant Tornado. It has been sealed away, but you can find it in the Temple of the Skies. There is a total of 3 temples and 3 tornados. It has various abilities, all about the air, so remember to bring your Aeir Boots!

The Fight: The fight is a very basic fight. Your objective is to kill the light sphere in the middle of the Tornado, while it fires different forms of air at you, making it very hard to attack. It has 2 spells:

Harsh Wind: When you get too close to the Tornado, he will swing you around the room. You have to time your attacks right, to be able to hit the light sphere.

Typhoon: At some times, there will come a little white particle on the floor: Avoid it. 2 seconds later, a typhoon will erupt from the particle and, if you stand on it, throw you 20 blocks up in the air.

When you have defeated the Tornado, it will disappear dropping the Flute of the Winds to lure the boss and do various other stuff. Will drop Xp and other items as well. Nothing more happens.

The boss of this dimension is the Luxillian Dragon, a dragon that looks like a Chinese Dragon. In the day he flies peacefully around the dimension, but at night he begins to get dark and glows purple. During the night you can lure him to you using the Flute of the Winds and it will start the fight. If it get's daytime before you have defeated him, he will go back into his regular form, fly back into the air and be invurnable once again.

The Fight: The fight is split up in 2 phases. During the first phase of the fight he will attack you from the air and on half hp he will land on the ground and attack you from there. You can see which spells he will use by the glow in his eyes. His default color is dark purple.

Phase 1: In the Air Phase he will fly around like the Enderdragon. He will not attack you head on but will use 2 abilities to try to kill you.

Dark Fire Breath: He will fly close to you and breath out dark fire that will burn and poison you for a lot of damage. Try to avoid it. Glow = Orange

Wave of Wind: Sometimes he fires streams of wind at you, knocking you up in the air, leaving you falling down to a painful landing. Counter this using the Aeir Boots. Glow = White

Phase 2: At phase 2 he will land of the ground discarding his past abilities. During this phase he will use 2 new spells to kill you.

Charge: He will charge you with a lot of speed, but not much accuracy. Should he hit you, you will receive great damage and be knocked back. It also destroys blocks. Try to avoid this. Glow = Dark brown

Bite: If he get's too close to you, he will bite you, dealing damage. Not much more. Glow = Red

When you have defeated the dragon, he will fly into the air and "erupt" light particles. He will then fly into the air leaving the message "Thank you for defeating my dark self, hero. Call me again at daytime."

When you call him again at day, he will fly down to you, giving you a reward consisting of xp and items. He will then fly around in the air like usual, but not convert to the dark self during the night.

Well, that's it for now, guys. I will update this when we get more implements into this. (NOTE: These features and NOT implemented into the game, and are just ideas of what we are gonna implement. And remember that they can change anytime)

Last edited by vaxivop on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:04 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 am

Sounds all too... Aether-y...
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 am

Varrgie wrote:

How would it not? They are both dimensions, inspired from Skylands.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 am

Varrgie wrote:
Honestly, I think we got as far as possible from the Aether with these ideas. Though, both have floating trees.

Grenade apple grenade... Doesn't sound very appealing. Maybe it's called that after you craft a pomegranate with gunpowder? I dunno. Also, you forgot the part where his ( luxilian dragon ) charge breaks blocks.
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:36 am

PenitusVox wrote:
Varrgie wrote:
Honestly, I think we got as far as possible from the Aether with these ideas. Though, both have floating trees.

Grenade apple grenade... Doesn't sound very appealing. Maybe it's called that after you craft a pomegranate with gunpowder? I dunno. Also, you forgot the part where his ( luxilian dragon ) charge breaks blocks.

They dont have THOSE kind of floating trees: With chunks of logs surrounded why leaves. And i will fix the other stuff now Smile
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:32 pm

You forgot the hostile mob: Hog
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:27 pm

Miner wrote:

WHAT IS THE HOG?!
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:13 pm

vaxivop wrote:
Miner wrote:

WHAT IS THE HOG?!
Remeber what penitus said?
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:23 pm

Miner wrote:
vaxivop wrote:
Miner wrote:

WHAT IS THE HOG?!

Dude... All through the chat we had i asked what the Hog was. I got no answer.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Miner wrote:
vaxivop wrote:
Miner wrote:

WHAT IS THE HOG?!
Eh, I think we're good on mobs. We do need to figure out what the miniboss should be, though.
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:34 pm

PenitusVox wrote:
Miner wrote:
vaxivop wrote:
Miner wrote:

WHAT IS THE HOG?!
Eh, I think we're good on mobs. We do need to figure out what the miniboss should be, though.

Yeah and the blocks/ores too.

Let's have a Skype chat or a chat on the FoD blog sometime.
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Next is Gleduis Infurnous! XD

Skyr's Preaty much done Very Happy

*May have been misspelled*
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:29 am

I would like to prepose the change of the blue slime to the Wasp. While the blue slime is good, it's pretty unoriginal.
And so, I came up with the wasp. It would be neutral in day, it would give a warning hum if you are near it, and attack if you don't leave. The effect of the attack would be 1 1/2 damage with a 4 second poison and 3 second Blindness effect.
The wasp, with black and light blue stripes, would turn black and purple in night. It's poison effect it buffed to 6 seconds (can't think of anything else for night, right now. Tired. )
It would drop Skyhoney, which the lore says is obtained from Skyweed, which is why it is used for taming jellyfish.
Possibly Skyhoney could be used for adding to meats, bread, maybe a new cake. Your thoughts?

Edit: I thought maybe having a tamed ocelot with you might keep them from becoming hostile in day or near a luxilian torch. Planting Skyweed bear them could cause them to breed. Thoughts on this as well?
Back to top Go down
vaxivop
The Ancients
vaxivop

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:19 am

PenitusVox wrote:
I would like to prepose the change of the blue slime to the Wasp. While the blue slime is good, it's pretty unoriginal.
And so, I came up with the wasp. It would be neutral in day, it would give a warning hum if you are near it, and attack if you don't leave. The effect of the attack would be 1 1/2 damage with a 4 second poison and 3 second Blindness effect.
The wasp, with black and light blue stripes, would turn black and purple in night. It's poison effect it buffed to 6 seconds (can't think of anything else for night, right now. Tired. )
It would drop Skyhoney, which the lore says is obtained from Skyweed, which is why it is used for taming jellyfish.
Possibly Skyhoney could be used for adding to meats, bread, maybe a new cake. Your thoughts?

Edit: I thought maybe having a tamed ocelot with you might keep them from becoming hostile in day or near a luxilian torch. Planting Skyweed bear them could cause them to breed. Thoughts on this as well?

I like it. Sure we could do that Smile
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:52 pm

vaxivop wrote:
PenitusVox wrote:

I like it. Sure we could do that Smile
Anyone else willing to weigh in on this?
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Vaxi edited the post with:

Electromagnet: Crafted using Nickel Ingot, Lux Powder and Electric Coil, the Electromagnet is a rather peculier item. When R is pressed it will switch to either blue or red. When right click is held down, the item will affect all nearby entities with magnetic effects corresponding to red or blue while draining durability.
Red: When the Electromagnet is red, it will attract all nearby entities, including mobs, items, minecarts and so on.
Blue: When the Electromagnet is blue, it will repel all nearby entities, including mobs, items, minecarts and so on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skyr Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyr Information   Skyr Information I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyr Information
Page 1 of 1