Field of Dimensions Official Forum
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Welcome to the Field of Dimensions Forum! Obey the Rules!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field of Dimensions Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Projectile Overhaul

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

Projectile Overhaul Empty
PostSubject: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:13 pm

So, currently we have arrows and a bow. . .

Okay. But that does not satisfy me.

In this suggestion I am proposing:

1: Different types of 'Ammunition'
2: New bow(s) and a Slingshot
3: The Quiver
4: Logical 'Ammunition' Selection

So, lets get started.

Different types of 'Ammunition'

As I already said, we currently have arrows. While fine for the base game, this is extremely boring and flat.

First, I would like to suggest the Barb. Dropped from the Boleiit, the Corrupted Stringray (More on this in another post). The Barb can be shot from a bow and sticks to the enemy (like in previous minecraft updates). The barb would do minimal damage, but would poison the enemy.

Second, Frost, dropped from Ice Flowers in Gelidus Inferos, is ammunition for the Slingshot (more of this in a second). Frost would do one half-heart of damage and 'freeze' or slow enemies.

Third, Pebbles. Dropped from gravel, it does very minimal damage. However, they stun the enemy for 1 second (which might actually be over powered). Used by the Slingshot.

Fourth, Obsidian Chunks. Already in the mod, given purpose by the Slingshot. This does more damage than a regular arrow.

Fifth, the Slingblade. Made like sticks, but with iron bars. Sticks to the enemy. Causes Bleeding damage ( cannot be cured with milk. Can be cured with a bottle of water ).

... I had more, but its morning right now and my mind blanked. I'll edit in more later.

New bow(s) and a Slingshot

First, the Arachni, a bow in an X shape, that is drawn diagonally, rather than the vertical of the normal bow. It looks like two Insect legs tied together and a string for the bowstring. This bow negates all gravity on arrows and other 'ammunition' that is shot.

Second, the Slingshot. This would be made with 1 stick, 3 string and 1 leather (shown here). This draws back 50% or so faster than a bow, however, it has no critical when fully drawn.
It can shoot Frost, Pebbles (another drop from gravel, can be combined into cobble), and Obsidian Chunks.

May edit later with more.

The Quiver

Oh, the Quiver, how neglected you are.

I'm proposing the Quiver being added. It can store up to 16 units of Ammunition (yes, even pebbles. Which might seem strange, but this is Minecraft).

With the introduction of the Quiver, and the system I shall mention next, Arrows and other Ammunition will no longer be able to be used unless inside of a Quiver.

The Quiver would be made in a U shape, 5 Leather and 2 string in the top right (shown here).
The quiver would be shown on the back of the Player.

Logical 'Ammunition' Selection

With the introduction of more than one Ammunition, logically brings problems. Which will be used?
Well, I thought of that as well.

Three slots, next to the Armor slots in the Inventory menu, with the shadow of a Quiver in them is for, well, Quivers. The top slot is 1. Next is 2. Bottom is 3.
The bow or slingshot automatically goes through slots 1-3 to see which it can use. Using a bow, but Quiver 1 is full of pebbles? Move on to 2. And vice versa, of course.

Last edited by PenitusVox on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ALinkToTheFuture
Berserker
ALinkToTheFuture

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:20 pm

No TL;DR?
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:13 pm

ALinkToTheFuture wrote:
No TL;DR?
The TL;DR is pretty much the "In this suggestion I am proposing" part.
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Thumbs Up!
Like it.
Defiantly not too long.
And I did read.
Back to top Go down
https://fieldsofd.forumotion.com
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Sounds good! Isn't it funny how we're not just modifying minecraft, but improving it!
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:17 pm

Awsome!!! Im suggesting A Gigas Silva longbow crafted with 5 "Tall tree sticks" and 3 "Strech Leaves" (I will explain more of these items lator) The Longbow can shoot arrows
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Miner wrote:
Awsome!!! Im suggesting A Gigas Silva longbow crafted with 5 "Tall tree sticks" and 3 "Strech Leaves" (I will explain more of these items lator) The Longbow can shoot arrows
Apart from the fact that the "Tall tree sticks" are horrifically uninspired, the idea seems alright and Stretch Leaves sound interesting. However, what's the point of it? Basically, why would we want it? For the bow that I proposed, it negates gravity and is drastically different to the normal bow in both looks and make. So, what sets the Longbow apart?

And yes, I agree, Varrgs. That's what the mod is about. ^_^

Also, I have a question for you guys. What a should the hot keys be for switching Quivers, for more strategic gameplay? We need 3 close by hotkeys.

I also had the idea of naming and renaming Quivers to easily tell what's in it. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:22 am

PenitusVox wrote:
Miner wrote:
Apart from the fact that the "Tall tree sticks" are horrifically uninspired, the idea seems alright and Stretch Leaves sound interesting. However, what's the point of it? Basically, why would we want it? For the bow that I proposed, it negates gravity and is drastically different to the normal bow in both looks and make. So, what sets the Longbow apart?

And yes, I agree, Varrgs. That's what the mod is about. ^_^

Also, I have a question for you guys. What a should the hot keys be for switching Quivers, for more strategic gameplay? We need 3 close by hotkeys.

I also had the idea of naming and renaming Quivers to easily tell what's in it. Your thoughts?
The Longbows can pull back longer and land even MORE critical shotz

The "tall tree sticks" is just a base name i couldnt think of a name
Back to top Go down
Varrgie
Archmagus
Varrgie

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:10 am

Maybe you could swap the ammo with Z, X and C?
Back to top Go down
Miner
Fortune Teller
Miner

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:47 am

Ammo, Sounds like were adding gunz XD jk
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Miner wrote:
Ammunition. Ammo is just short for it. And maybe we can use R to cycle through the quiver? Is it one quiver with different slots or three different quivers?
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Loreguy wrote:
Miner wrote:
Ammunition. Ammo is just short for it. And maybe we can use R to cycle through the quiver? Is it one quiver with different slots or three different quivers?
I was thinking three quivers, but slots sound more realistic.
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:49 am

Added a new ammunition, the Slingblade. Points for whomever knows where the name is from.
Back to top Go down
Loreguy
The Ancients
Loreguy

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:01 pm

PenitusVox wrote:
Added a new ammunition, the Slingblade. Points for whomever knows where the name is from.
I prefer to call it a Kaiser blade. If I got the reference then you'll get mine
Double points for me!
And Vox, a Slingblade is a meelee weapon. You CAN throw it though...
Back to top Go down
PenitusVox
The Ancients
PenitusVox

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:20 pm

Loreguy wrote:
PenitusVox wrote:
I prefer to call it a Kaiser blade. If I got the reference then you'll get mine
Double points for me!
And Vox, a Slingblade is a meelee weapon. You CAN throw it though...
I know it is in real life, however, this is Minecraft: obsidian is hard, water has anti-gravity properties, disformed green pigs explode. Anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Projectile Overhaul   Projectile Overhaul I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Projectile Overhaul
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Field of Dimensions Official Forum :: Suggestions :: Game Mechanics-
Jump to: